- Explaining what a startup is all about in a face-to-face meeting with a venture capitalist is one of the toughest challenges for any startup founder or CEO.
- Having an impressive pitch deck is great, but that won’t be enough if you don’t wow a venture-capital investor when you meet in person.
- We asked top venture capitalists from Goldman Sachs, Kleiner Perkins, Sapphire Ventures, Intel Capital, and Dell Technologies Capital about the most memorable and impressive startup pitches they’ve ever heard.
- They said the CEOs of these nine startups impressed in their presentations.
- Click here for more BI Prime stories.
Convincing investors to finance your startup can be tough.
An impressive fancy-looking pitch deck packed with data on what you’re building could help. But in many cases, you need to sell your idea and story in person.
It’s that face-to-face meeting with the venture capitalists you hope will be wowed by your story that will likely determine if you get the funding you need. And that’s not always easy.
Making a presentation to venture capitalists “is an art,” Sapphire Ventures President Jai Das told Business Insider. “It’s how well you narrate your story, how you create an option that a lot of people get interested in.”
We asked executives from major venture-capital firms about the most impressive startup pitches they’ve watched in their careers.
Here are the founders and execs from nine startups who wowed top investors from Goldman Sachs, Sapphire Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Intel Capital, and Dell Technologies Capital: